We will be hosting our annual Remembrance Day ceremony on November 11th. Join us at 9:00 am to pay your respects to those who fell at Crysler’s Farm on November 11th 1813.
The ceremony is open to the public, but all guests must sign in onsite in accordance with the EOHU guidelines. You can also register before the event by emailing our secretary, Kim McInnis, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of people attending and contact information for each guest.
Masks must be worn if physical distancing of six feet cannot be maintained.
The ceremony will be live-streamed on Facebook for those who wish to join us digitally. If you miss the live video – no worries! It will also be available after the ceremony has ended.
Order of Service:
1) Welcome and Words….. Robert Irvine FCFB
2) Battle of Crysler’s Farm….. Historian Murray Barkley BA, MA
3) On Behalf of the Descendants of Those Who Fought….. Carol Thompson Goddard UE/FCFB
4) Words From the Re-enactment Community….. Capt. Mark Stubbs/49th Hertfordshire Regiment of Foot/ President FCFB
5)War of 1812 Prayer….. Reverend Daniel Hayward BA, MA, MDiv
6) Cannon Salute
7) Moment of Silence
8) Piper’s Lament….. Pipe Major Hugh Metcalfe/Royal Canadian Legion, Kemptville Branch 212
9) Cannon Salute
10) Laying of Wreaths
11) Closing: “When the Battle’s Over”….. Pipe Major Hugh Metcalfe