The 2017’s Battlefield Dispatch is available for download here. We’ll be endeavoring to maintain an archive of the Dispatch on this page in the future.
We’ve added a new gallery containing photos from the 2016 event’s Saturday battle – a representation of the Battle of Hoople’s Creek. Thanks to all those who braved the weather to visit, and the re-enactors who made it possible.
Battle of Crysler’s Farm Re-enactment – 2016A re-enactment of the Battle of Hoople's Creek Photo Credit: Wendy StevensonSee images »
Please join us on July 9th and 10th for the Battle of Crysler’s Farm Re-enactment.
- Gates open at 9:30am at Crysler Park
- $5 admission – children under 6 free – Get $5 off Upper Canada Village’s day program with your Battle admission wristband.
- Military Camp open to the public from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Live action battle each afternoon starting at 1:30pm with a Children’s Muster and Cannon Run.
- Period Merchants and Artisans
- 1812 Doctor Wartime Surgery Station
- Ongoing demonstrations and drills
- Visit the displays and life-size dioramas at the Battle of Crysler’s Farm Memorial Building.
Founded in 1666, Fort St. Jean is celebrating 350 years as a key post guarding the highway to Canada along the Richelieu River and the development of the town around the Fort.
For more information, visit stjean2016.org.
Join us for an afternoon of seminars, displays and our Annual General Meeting. Silent Auction and door prizes. We’d love to have you there!
When: Saturday April 2, at 1PM
Where: St. Clare Anglican Church, 2530 Falcon Lane, Winchester, Ontario
1:00 PM – Seminar Speaker: David Smith, The Canadian Fencibles
2:00 PM – The Friends Annual General Meeting
3:30 PM – Seminar Speaker: Major (retired) Philip Bury, The Royal Canadian Regiment, LCpl, The Grenville Militia
Refreshments: 5:00 PM / Dinner: 5:30 PM
Dinner Guest Speaker: Major John R. Grodzinski, CD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Acting Head, Department of History / Royal Military College of Canada
Tickets: $35 Dinner & Seminars, $25 Dinner only
The Battle of Crysler’s Farm returns July 9-10, 2016.
More details will be posted here as they become available.
Interested in what the Crysler’s Farm Battlefield Memorial looked like before the flooding from the Seaway construction? Have a look here: Crysler’s Farm in 1929